In waste processing, controlled air is a great separation method, both in terms of technology and as a business solution. By using air, materials can be separated based on both material density and shape.
The Drum Separator is a combination of a recirculation fan, a separation section with a rotating drum and a connecting expansion chamber. It is the best separating solution based on the density of the material at capacities up to 100 tonnes/hr of input and up to 25 tonnes/hr of separated light fraction.
Nihot offers both single drum separator, capable of separating waste into two fractions (lights and heavies), and a double drum separator which is capable of splitting the waste into three fractions (lights, mids and heavies).
- MSW (Municipal Solid Waste)
- C&I (Commercial and Industrial) Waste
- C&D (Construction and Demolition) Waste
- WEEE (Waste from Electrical and Electronic Equipment)
- Biomass / Wood Recycling
- RDF (Refuse Derived Fuel)
- Incinerator Bottom Ash
- Versatile: Processes many different waste streams, including high moisture content input.
- Control: Gives control of the caloric value of the output
- Protection: Removes interferants from the input material, thus protecting the granulators in RDF production.
- Low Maintenance: Low maintenance and few wear parts i.e. reduced downtime.
- Large Fractions: Can handle large fraction sizes (plastics and foils)
- Low Dust Emissions