TURNING GARDEN WASTE INTO VALUABLE RESOURCES
Organics recycling has always been at the heart of our business since we set up in 1999, and we feel every bit as
passionate about it today.
Working with councils in Cheshire, we provide a first class garden waste recycling service with twofold benefits.
Firstly, we receive green waste, benefiting councils and communities. Secondly, we shred, compost, mature and screen the waste to create top quality compost for use on agricultural land. Therefore our garden waste processing system has been refined and improved over the years. This has resulted in an end product which is quality assured, traceable and safe.
Because we insist on the highest standards, we’ve achieved the British Standards Institution’s Publicly Available Specification for Composted Materials (PAS 100:2005) and Quality Protocol (2007) at all our sites. In addition, all CRJ sites are managed by qualified waste management personnel who hold the Waste Management Industry Training and Advisory Boards (WAMITAB) Certificate of Technical Competency.
The key benefits of using compost on agricultural land are:
- Providing organic matter to improve soil structure and create a better root environment for plants.
- Increasing and holding moisture in lighter soils.
- Providing a variety of nutrients (some in slow release forms), often reducing the need for fertilizers.
- Supplying beneficial bacteria which assist nutrient uptake.
- Improving plant health from germination to maturity.
- Increasing resistance to soil compaction and erosion.
- Improving the control of weeds where coarse particle grades are used, such as mulch.
For advice on garden waste processing or the most appropriate machinery, don’t hesitate to call us on 0844 776 2386.