This Christmas, in lieu of sending corporate gifts to our customers, CRJ Services will be making two £1,000 donations to charity. This is in addition to CRJ funding of a community defibrillator earlier this month, at Allostock Village Hall.
It has become tradition for CRJ to donate to charities at Christmas. It is a lovely time of year for many, however for some it can be the most difficult time of year for a number of reasons. Therefore, our team are encouraged to suggest charities that are close to their hearts, which are shortlisted and then voted upon.
This year, we have voted to support Mind – The mental health charity, and The Christie – The NHS foundation trust.
Mind do fantastic work for mental health awareness and support. As mental health becomes more prominent for not only the health sector, but for society as a whole, Mind are one of the biggest, if not THE biggest mental health charity in the UK.
‘We won’t give up until everyone experiencing a mental health problem gets support and respect.’
If you would like to find out more about the amazing work they do, please visit… https://www.mind.org.uk/
The Christie is an NHS foundation trust, where their main function is to support cancer patients through their cancer centre based in Manchester. It is the largest single site cancer centre in Europe, and they treat more that 44,000 patients a year. They are also the first UK centre to be officially accredited as a comprehensive cancer centre.
Their history has been decorated with world-first breakthroughs since their inception in 1892, including:
- 1944 - World's first clinical trial of Stilboestrol a breast cancer drug.
- 1970 - World's first clinical use of Tamoxifen a breast cancer drug.
- 1986 - World's first use of cultured bone marrow for leukaemia treatment.
- 1991 - World's first single harvest blood stem-cell transplant.
- 2002 - World's first clinical use of image guided radiotherapy on a radiotherapy machine
- 2009 - First trials in Europe undertaken for pioneering radioimmunotherapy cancer treatment.
- 2010 - In September a Christie School of Oncology, the first of its kind in the UK, was launched.
- 2013 - Launched a mobile chemotherapy unit to bring Christie care closer to home for patients in Bolton, Failsworth, Hyde, Rochdale and Trafford.
For more information on the great work they do, please visit… https://www.christie.nhs.uk/